OIL & GAS
Project : PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES
Client : Pioneer Natural Resources
Location : Northwestern Colorado
WSRI implemented erosion control measures and revegetation operations for multiple remotely located oil and gas pads in 2009 and is scheduled to work in the same project area in 2010. During the construction WSRI was able to overcome project challenges with well organized and forward thinking project management and scheduling. Project challenges consisted of:
-Long hauling distances to project sites
-Extensive distances between project sites and water sources
Project : ANADARKO – UINTAH BASIN
Client : Anadarko
Location : Vernal, Utah
This project included the revegetation and soil stabilization for 32 well pads and 46 miles of pipeline in Vernal, Utah. Over 419 acres of land was prepared, amended, stabilized, and revegetated by WSRI crews on or ahead of schedule. Challenges that WSRI encountered on the project included:
- Rocky soils
- Steep drainages
- Remote locations
Limited access due to surface pipelines
Project challenges were addressed before WSRI crews were mobilized into the field with detailed project scheduling and management strategies. Advanced planning was critical in several instances where crossings over pipeline structures needed to be constructed in order for equipment to gain access to remote sites. Project Notes:
– Soil scarification, amendment application, and revegetation for over 419 acres of land.
– Over 380 acres of certified weed free straw applied and crimped.
– Over 85,000 lbs of ENCAP – PAM 12 spread to help bind soil particles and control rill erosion and silt transportation.
Project : ENCANA OIL AND GAS
Client : EnCana
Location : Multiple Locations Across Western Colorado
WSRI implemented erosion control measures and earthwork operations for 53 remotely located oil and gas pads in 2008 and in 2009. During the construction WSRI was able to overcome project challenges with well organized and forward thinking project management and scheduling. Project challenges consisted of:
- Long hauling distances to project sites
- Extensive distances between project sites and water sources
- Restriction of working hours around active well pads
Between the 53 well pad sites WSRI installed over 16,000 square yards of erosion control blanket, 30,000 linear feet of erosion control wattles, and 18,000 linear feet of new fencing. Coordination with other service companies in the area that also utilized access roads into the remote sites was also critical to the delivery of successful projects.
– Over 80 acres of weed free straw applied and crimped.
– 124 acres of Flexterra flexible growth medium (FGM) applied to reduce erosion and increase and accelerate seed germination success.
– Client utilized WSRI’s environmental consulting capabilities to establish revegetation, maintenance and performance standards.
– Certified application of Terra Flash colorant on 4.8 acres. Terra Flash was applied to enhance the aesthetics of the applied erosion control slurries. WSRI is one of two certified companies for Terra Flash application in the region.